3Core is a NMSDC Certified Supplier. The National Minority Supplier Development Council Inc. ® (NMSDC®) is one of the country’s leading corporate membership organizations. Minority group members are United States citizens who are Asian, Black, Hispanic and Native American. Ownership by minority individuals means the business is at least 51% owned by such individuals or, in the case of a publicly-owned business, at least 51% of the stock is owned by one or more such individuals i.e. the management and daily operations are controlled by those minority group members.
The fact is that a competitive advantage exists, as progressive organizations who have already implemented an effective strategy have realized. A Supplier Diversity commitment benefits a company because it:
- Promotes innovation through the entrance of new products, services, and solutions
- Provides multiple channels from which to procure goods and services
- Drives competition (on price and service levels) between the company’s existing and potential vendors
- Allows a company to take advantage of new opportunities for business expansion with the emergence of new consumer needs based upon shifting demographic realities
- Displays an organization’s commitment to doing business, beyond consumerism, in diverse markets
- Showcases the company’s interest in and commitment to the economic growth of all communities