MUMBAI, May 16, 2018 : mUni, an end-to-end higher education solution and digital infra provider, successfully concluded EduTech Congress 2018 for various stakeholders in the Indian higher education system on May 12, 2018 at Mumbai. The guest of honor at this event was Mr. Simon Hunter, Executive Chairman, International Screen Academy & Sydney Film School and was spearheaded by Mr. Bhupesh Daheria, Founder, mUni.
While Mr. Hunter spoke of New Horizons in Hybrid Learning and showed a glimpse of the wonderful future of education embroiled around technologies, Mr. Daheria spoke on the future of Indian higher education in the backdrop of artificial intelligence. He presented a comprehensive Higher Education Digital stack for improving overall efficiency, learning outcome, admissions, placement, administration, bridging skill gap and education marketplace for outreach.
Dr. P. D Jose, Chairman, Digital Learning IIM Bangalore, spoke on the 20th century learning model with intense faculty-student interactions in a brick and mortar class room model as well as future of classroom education.
Prof. Bhavani Prasad Panda, Vice Chancellor, Maharashtra National Law University shared insights on the importance of creating quality institutions, creating space for classroom teaching and how industry needs to fulcrum the students by providing good courses, classroom environment and quality education. He also shared the role of a teacher as a facilitator and a skill trainer.
Dr. Hema Date, Dean – Students Affairs, NITIE shared the challenges faced for the placement of students, how NITIE has come up with a new model named Industry Institution Research Collaboration and how NITIE can work more on smoothening the placement process with the help of AI and ML.
The event also saw a panel discussion, technology demo and use case on –
- Education Marketplace for outreach
- Leveraging technology to engage, empower and improve learning outcome
- Skilling beyond University Curriculum
- How technology can help improve admissions and placements
The panel discussion was conducted by various stakeholders in higher education eco system –
- Dr. Abhijit Gangopadhyay, Dean, Aegis School of Data Science
- Dr. A K Sen Gupta, Founder and Convener, Higher Education Forum (HEF)
- Mr. Devkant Aggarwal, University Relations, IBM India Pvt. Ltd
- Mr. Jacob. P. U, Associate Vice President and HR, Hexaware Technologies
- Mr. Chandan Sonowal, MD, CleverTouch
- Dr. Seema Tatwawadi, Director Corporate Relations, MET league of Institution
- Dr. Laxmi Mohan, Director, ITM Business School
- Dr. Vikram S Patil, Principal, SIES Graduate School of Technology
- Sheetal Soni, Country Channel Manager – IBM Career Education Software Group – India/SA,
- Santhosh Laxmana, Sr. VP, mUni
- Dr. Sanjay Sinvhal, Vice President – Digital Infra for Higher Ed, COEs, Consulting and Alliance
- Anita Ram, GM, mUni
And many more.
mUni launched its mobile app called as mUniCampus available on google play to facilitate students of any member institutes on mUni to access their courses, study material, pdf documents, ppts, MCQ, assignments, video lectures live and recorded on mobile devices anytime, anywhere.
EduTech Congress 2018 was a great platform for higher education leaders, chancellors, VC, placement heads, admission heads, trustees, directors, principals, deans and education technology services and solution providers to engage, collaborate, share use cases and brainstorm on how to make education institutes ready for the future, improve various functions and processes using technology.
Leave a Reply